CBIE is the national voice for international education in Canada. It is our aim to make Canada a global leader in our field. As the fulcrum for practical research, professional development, advocacy, and networking for Canada’s engagement, CBIE is consummately positioned to promote the needs, interests and voices of Canadian institutions.
Institutional Publicly funded Canadian institutions and school boards that are Edu-Canada brand eligible
Associate Canadian language schools (accredited) and private schools (offering a Canadian curriculum accredited by a province) in Canada that are Edu-Canada brand eligible
This is a snapshot of basic benefits. Visit the Benefits and Services pages for more.
- Members-only activities and resources including advocacy and research
- Reduced members’ fees for all activities including the annual conference, workshops and webinars
- Promotion, visibility and recognition nationally and internationally
- Branding on CBIE web site
- Use of CBIE name/logo
- Voting rights for defined number of representatives
- Adhere to the CBIE Code of Ethical Practice
- Exercise voting rights
- Participate in annual conference and annual general meeting
- Host and participate in regional meetings/conferences
- Identify CBIE membership in national and international promotion (web, print)
Voting and Fees
Member category for institutions (except school boards) is based on full-time equivalent enrolment (FTEE), which is the total of full-time enrolment plus part-time prorated to full-time equivalent. There is only one category for associate members.
While members are entitled to a limited number of voting representatives, they may appoint an unlimited number of non-voting representatives.
|Up to 1,000 FTEE||
|25,001 FTEE and above||