CBIE Photo and Video Contest
The Photo and Video contest is made possible with the support of RBC
Show Us Your International Education Story
Enter CBIE’s 4th Annual Photo/Video Contest 2014
Congratulations Eisa Alhabib from the University of Calgary. He took first prize in both the photo and video categories for CBIE’s 4th Annual Photo and Video Contest. See his entries below.
Over 600 people voted online to pick a winner from 10 finalists, including the delegates from CBIE’s Annual Conference in Ottawa. Votes were sent in from all over the world including Romania, Brazil and Kuwait.
Eisa Alhabib Video Entry: “Who Am I?”
Francesca Abbondanza-Bergeron from Concordia University was the finalist for the Video category.
Manoel Marcelino de Sa Junior, a Ciência sem Fronteiras student from the University of Toronto, was the finalist in the Photo category.
Thanks to our members and CBIE staff who promoted the contest this fall.
Special thanks to RBC for making this contest possible and allowing us to share these global stories with you all.
What’s your story? What unforgettable moments have you experienced in your international education journey? What did you learn?
International education has the power to change the world – to break down cultural and regional barriers and expand personal, academic and professional horizons. Everyone benefits when you are immersed in a new culture, exchanging new ideas at faraway institutions and creating lifelong friendships and relationships. CBIE member institutions help make these experiences happen for thousands of students each year. We invite you to share your story with us.
- Show us how your studies, research or internship abroad have enriched (or are currently enriching) your life and work.
- Send us a photo accompanied by a short testimonial (200 words or less) OR make your story come alive with a video submission.
- We are looking for submissions that clearly show the transformative benefits of international study and exchange.
- The contest is open to international and Canadian students, (university/college/language schools/high school) at CBIE member institutions. View list of CBIE member institutions.
You could win one of our grand prizes!
Prizes include: $250 for winners in each category (Photo and Video) and $100 for one finalist in each category.
Qualified entries will be displayed at CBIE’s Annual Conference at The Westin Ottawa in Ottawa from November 18-22, 2014. Conference participants will vote for their favourite entry. Winners will be announced publicly during CBIE’s gala on November 21 and will be promoted during the rest of Canada’s International Education Week (November 17-22, 2014).
- Contest launches on Monday, July 7, 2014 at 12 pm EDT.
- Contest closes on Monday, October 13, 2014 at 11:59 pm EDT.
- All submissions are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Photos must be 1 MB or more or they will be disqualified; video submissions must be at least 1 minute and no longer than 3 minutes, 1 MB or more.
- CBIE Photo Video Contest Rules (PDF)
- CBIE Photo Video Contest FAQs (PDF)
- CBIE Photo Video Contest Release Form (PDF- mandatory)
CBIE is Canada’s national organization dedicated to making Canada a global leader in international education. CBIE’s pan-Canadian membership comprises 150 colleges, institutes, universities, school boards and language schools which enroll over 1.2 million students from coast to coast.
(Photo by : Jocelyn Sevigny, Finalist for CBIE’s Photo and Video Contest 2013)